Enhancing the value of renewable energy generation in Bristol means increasing the amount of electricity that can be generated locally, from renewable energy sources, as well asnd sold locally. This could be done in various ways including:
- using existing local electricity generation installations more effectively;
- increasing dhe eployment of decentralized renewable gelectricity eneration installations
- matching dlectricity emand to generation where possible
- effective use of storage facilities where this is economic; and
- minimising the impact on electricity network infrastructure.
To maximize the value of renewable energy generation all generated energy should be used within Bristol. This lowers transmission losses and ensures the value stays within Bristol. As renewable energy is intermittent and not predictable the flexibility needs to come from the demand side. This will take the form of demand side management and energy storage. Also important in enhancing value is to minimise the burden on the local network infrastructure.
|Working towards 2017-18||
|Working towards 2020||
|Key trends/developments (Energy, IT/Data, Commercial, Regulatory/Policy and Cultural/Social)|