•  

HomeTodo

(Technical - Energy)
(Technical - Energy)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
== Outputs of 28/07/15 meeting ==
 
 
 
=== Ownership of challenges ===
 
=== Ownership of challenges ===
  
Line 17: Line 15:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
 +
'''Bold '''= Carried over from previous meeting
 +
 +
Normal = New action
 +
 +
<s>Strikethrough</s> = done
  
 
=== Technical - Energy ===
 
=== Technical - Energy ===
  
 
* <s>Simon to contact Rafiek. Put in touch with Joe to discuss virtual power plants.</s>
 
* <s>Simon to contact Rafiek. Put in touch with Joe to discuss virtual power plants.</s>
*  Joe to chase up Rafiek
+
<s>Joe to chase up Rafiek</s>
 +
*  Joe to talk to Rafiek about Power Matching Cities
 
* <s>Simon to contact Adrian at Triodos Renewables . Put in touch with Joe to get wind data for Bristol instalation.*</s>  
 
* <s>Simon to contact Adrian at Triodos Renewables . Put in touch with Joe to get wind data for Bristol instalation.*</s>  
 
*  Joe to chase up Adrian  
 
*  Joe to chase up Adrian  
* '''Josh to email Mark at WPD r.e. questions about distributed generation issues'''
+
* '''Joe has emailed Mark at WPD r.e. questions about distributed generation issues with offer to go and meet him - waiting for a response. Joe to hand this over as he is away next week (beginning 7/09). '''
* '''Zoe to check Wales and West Utilities contact'''
+
* '''Zoe found Wales and West Utilities contact, Joe to email '''
* Joe to write up questions for WWU
+
* <s>Joe to write up questions for WWU</s>
  
 
=== IT/ Data ===
 
=== IT/ Data ===
Line 34: Line 38:
 
** '''ToU'''
 
** '''ToU'''
 
** '''Appliance control'''
 
** '''Appliance control'''
* '''Josh to find National Grid contact - does localised energy demand reduction have added value (Simon to check SF list)'''
+
* '''<s>Josh to find National Grid contact - does localised energy demand reduction have added value (Simon to check SF list)</s>'''
 +
* Josh to follow up on NG contact from Simon
 
* '''Josh to make graph of amount of data from different numbers of monitors and frequencies of collection'''
 
* '''Josh to make graph of amount of data from different numbers of monitors and frequencies of collection'''
  
Line 40: Line 45:
  
 
* Scaling to Bristol
 
* Scaling to Bristol
* '''Triads & DUoS - John Brenton at University of Bristol'''
+
* '''<s>Triads & DUoS - Zoe to contact John Brenton at University of Bristol</s> - Zoe to follow up'''
  
 
=== Regulatory ===
 
=== Regulatory ===
Line 48: Line 53:
 
** DCC user
 
** DCC user
 
** More widely (data access)
 
** More widely (data access)
'''Nick and Kate to sort 'line' and check with Suket at Secure'''
+
* '''Nick and Kate to finalise an email to send to Suket at Secure'''
 
+
 
=== Social/ Cultural ===
 
=== Social/ Cultural ===
  
Line 55: Line 59:
 
* '''Does Bristol's demographic effect engagement'''
 
* '''Does Bristol's demographic effect engagement'''
 
* <s>Knowle West Media Centre work on vulnerable households projects</s>
 
* <s>Knowle West Media Centre work on vulnerable households projects</s>
 +
 +
=== Road Map ===
 +
* Simon to send Tim an example of Road Map with more details filled in
 +
 +
==== Workshops ====
 +
* Joe to add to the Wiki a link to the contacts spreadsheet
 +
* Simon and Josh to meet and go through the spreadsheet and add any more contacts
 +
* Simon to finalise the project and workshop descriptions
 +
* Invitations to be sent out for the workshop - somebody needed to manage the process - Karen/Annette? Ask Simone to set up a joint inbox
 +
* Joe to ask Glenn to edit the Wiki so it is mandatory to log in before you edit
 +
* Joe to set up accounts for collaborators
 +
* Joe to add more details to the Index page
 +
* Karen to prepare background briefing for fuel poverty challenge, Simon to do the rest
 +
* Simon to arrange a smaller meeting to discuss the workshop structure

Latest revision as of 13:11, 2 September 2015

Ownership of challenges

Challenge Owner
1. Curbing energy waste and peak demand (which embeds a related challenge to use smart energy data to help manage network constraints) Zoe
2. Enhancing the value of low carbon electricity generated in or near the city (which links to a related challenge of improving local system balancing/power matching within city) Joe/ Rafiek
3. Using smart energy data and associated interventions to tackle cold homes/fuel poverty and the associated health and social challenges Karen/ Nick
4. Capturing the economic benefits of a smarter energy city for the city (i.e. its people and businesses) (incl. business/employment development, smart energy data/services ‘cluster’ etc) Simon
5. Developing city energy system understanding at fine grain to enhance planning and operational capabilities at city level. Josh

Bold = Carried over from previous meeting

Normal = New action

Strikethrough = done

Technical - Energy

  • Simon to contact Rafiek. Put in touch with Joe to discuss virtual power plants.
  • Joe to chase up Rafiek
  • Joe to talk to Rafiek about Power Matching Cities
  • Simon to contact Adrian at Triodos Renewables . Put in touch with Joe to get wind data for Bristol instalation.*
  • Joe to chase up Adrian
  • Joe has emailed Mark at WPD r.e. questions about distributed generation issues with offer to go and meet him - waiting for a response. Joe to hand this over as he is away next week (beginning 7/09).
  • Zoe found Wales and West Utilities contact, Joe to email
  • Joe to write up questions for WWU

IT/ Data

  • Data flows
    • CAD
    • ToU
    • Appliance control
  • Josh to find National Grid contact - does localised energy demand reduction have added value (Simon to check SF list)
  • Josh to follow up on NG contact from Simon
  • Josh to make graph of amount of data from different numbers of monitors and frequencies of collection

Commercial

  • Scaling to Bristol
  • Triads & DUoS - Zoe to contact John Brenton at University of Bristol - Zoe to follow up

Regulatory

  • CAD
    • DCC relationship
    • DCC user
    • More widely (data access)
  • Nick and Kate to finalise an email to send to Suket at Secure

Social/ Cultural

  • Does Bristol's building make up have an impact on roll out patterns?
  • Does Bristol's demographic effect engagement
  • Knowle West Media Centre work on vulnerable households projects

Road Map

  • Simon to send Tim an example of Road Map with more details filled in

Workshops

  • Joe to add to the Wiki a link to the contacts spreadsheet
  • Simon and Josh to meet and go through the spreadsheet and add any more contacts
  • Simon to finalise the project and workshop descriptions
  • Invitations to be sent out for the workshop - somebody needed to manage the process - Karen/Annette? Ask Simone to set up a joint inbox
  • Joe to ask Glenn to edit the Wiki so it is mandatory to log in before you edit
  • Joe to set up accounts for collaborators
  • Joe to add more details to the Index page
  • Karen to prepare background briefing for fuel poverty challenge, Simon to do the rest
  • Simon to arrange a smaller meeting to discuss the workshop structure
This page was last modified on 2 September 2015, at 13:11.
 
OFFICIAL SUPPLIER